Thanks to all of you for chiming in on the end-of-year cookbook giveaway.
Sounds like many of you would put these books to good use.
Here are the dozen winners, chosen at random:
1. Breaking Bread by Lynn Christy Anderson: Amber
2. Kansha by Elizabeth Andoh: Janice K
3. New Vegetarian by Robin Asbell: Christina
4. How to Grow a School Garden by Arden Bucklin-Sporer and Rachel Kathleen Pringle: Koa
5. Seasons in the Wine Country by Cate Conniff: Lisa D
6. The Wine Trials 2011 edited by Fearless Critic Media: Bonnie
7. At Home with Madhur Jaffrey by Madhur Jaffrey: Rivka
8. Poor Girl Gourmet by Amy McCoy: Sarita
9. Quiches, Kugels, and Couscous by Joan Nathan: Anna
10. Easy Meals to Cook with Kids by Julie Negrin: Jammie
11. From Orchards, Fields, and Gardens edited by Kerstin Svendsen: Linda
12. Mystery Book: Barbara
And the “surprise” book is: Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life by Louisa Shafia (Ten Speed Press, $22.50, paperback).
This cookbook, by the Brooklyn-based sustainable chef and National Gourmet Institute graduate, appeared on several cookbook gift lists last year, including Saveur‘s and the Washington Post‘s.
A stylish, elegant and seasonally-oriented cookbook from a fellow kale lover.
Remember: To claim your prize, send me your snail mail details within a week.
Book giveaways will return on Lettuce Eat Kale in 2011.
Congratulations to the winners. Enjoy.